Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thinking Spring and a Little Update...


Bella after playing in the dirt! This was the end of Febuary 2009


Tristin after playing in the dirt. Same day as Bell! 

Almost two weeks ago my sweet hubby had a third surgery on his foot. It was just a small surgery to repair his tendon. He has a bone spur that is tearing into his achilles tendon and shredding micro tears into it. Although it is a minor surgery it is very painful. The other two were difficult to recover from but this one has been much harder. The procedure site got infected. He isn't even able to flex his foot. At this point after the last surgery he was able to walk. Not well and not for long but still able to walk. So, for nearly two weeks now he has been in constant pain. Stuck on the couch.

Although it's only been a short time it's been a big change for me. The only way I successfully make it through each day is with his help. He pulls a huge amount of the weight around here. He washes almost all the laundry, helps a ton with the kids, takes care of the garbage and helps me run errands. I usually prep dinner, make any side dishes and do all the slicing and dicing and he does all the cooking. I am able to manage on my own but it has been quite a change. It means juggling my time and priorities. So needless to say, I have been exhausted at the end of each day. I've been too tired to form a sentence. Blogging has been last on my priority list, obviously. :)

I haven't had much to write about, since there isn't much going on around here. Lots of family movie nights, lots of reading and snuggling.

I have noticed my thoughts shifting toward spring. Now that February is coming to an end I find myself day dreaming about sunny, breezy days. I am thankful for such a mild winter, it is always a challenge to tote six kids around in frigid temperatures. By myself it would have been really hard.

I am itching to plant flowers. My kiddo's love to play in the dirt and spent a good chunk of the afternoon today doing just that. They are great gardening partners! I have all sorts of plans for the backyard, our backyard is devoid of any nature other than grass and bugs. We have an 1000 square foot patio that my parents put in, I would like to remove some of that and plant some trees and flowers. I am not sure what we will get done this year since Chad probably wont be able to work outside much, if any. It sure is fun to dream though!

No comments: