Monday, February 20, 2012

A Sweet Day


Tristin and Granny at the Flatrock Speedway!

This morning I made my kids and Gracie Belgian Waffles for breakfast, we topped them with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and sprinkles. I explained to them that this is a day to celebrate Granny and all the things we loved about her and all the great memories we made with her. We talked about how she had a sick body and now she has a perfect body. The kids had some really great memories, things I had long forgotten. It was very sweet to hear the things about their Granny that was special to them.

After breakfast I spent some time cleaning my house. I turned on some worship music and entered a time of worship. As I worshipped I could feel the peace of God settle over me.

We take this day off from school every year. It is a day for me to reflect on my life and the legacy my Mom left behind. We usually lay low and enjoy each others company. We watched a family movie and snuggled up together.

It was such a sweet, peaceful day. I am so thankful to be able to celebrate the life of my Mom today! God has been so good to us!

No comments: