Monday, February 20, 2012

Four Years In Glory!

Four years ago today I stood by my Mother's bedside as she peacefully slipped out of this life and entered her new one. I miss her so very much. I had prayed and fasted believing that God would heal her here on Earth. I stood on his word and trusted him. Toward the end of her life, it broke my heart to see her suffer so much. At that point I finally surrendered my will for my Mom to live to God. After all, her life here was a gift to us from Him. I knew His plan for her life was perfect. Sometimes it is hard to convince your heart what your head has always known.

My Mom lived her entire life here for the moment she would meet God face to face. Although I miss her, I rejoice for where she is, for the sights she must be beholding even this very moment! My mind can't even fathom what she must be experiencing there.

After she passed I called our family friend, Lisa to let her know. She told me that she had a vision of my Mom in heaven dancing in a white gown with her perfectly whole heavenly body! Oh the joy! I have held onto my mental image of Lisa's vision since then. It truly does fill my heart with joy every time I think of that.

Today I choose to celebrate her life with us. I choose to remember all the great memories I have over the time I was blessed enough to spend with her. I don't think she would want me to be mourning her death but rejoicing in her eternal life! I have made the decision to tell God one thing I am thankful for about my Mom and the upbringing I had because of her every time I think about her. It is impossible to be thankful and be downcast at the same time. Today I choose to be thankful!

Here are just a few pictures I found on my computer of her! I couldn't find many of her and Kaitlynne which is just crazy because there are probably hundreds of them together. She adored Kait. I guess they just aren't on my computer.


Granny and baby Bella, eating lunch at The Henry Ford!

Mom, Tristin, Me, Chad, Kait and Bella - in strollers!
Christmas Eve 2006, such an enjoyable night!

Mom, Kait and Tristin checking out the train at The Henry Ford Museum.

Gracie's 4th birthday. I think my Mom was helping her open her gift?

Mom and Tristin!


Mom "helping" Bell open her gifts Christmas morning 2006.

Aunt Peggy and Mom at Kait's 8th birthday party.
Yes, Kait wanted pumpkin pie instead of cake! 
Mom kissing Hudsyn right after she was born. She was a patient on the cancer floor so her nurse just wheeled her down. She hung out with us most of our hospital stay, since she was also admitted the whole time I was.

Grace checking out Granny's gift! :)

Bella kissing Granny! 

Mom watching Bell while the kids took ice skating lessons.
It was too cold in there for Bell and Mom so she kept her in the lobby every week.

Mom, Dad, Bell, Kaitlynne and Tristin.
Mom loving on Bell, they were going to be best friends for sure.



Thank you God for the time I had with my Mom. We are not promised tomorrow. You numbered my days before I was concieved. Time is truly a precious gift, please help me manage the time you give me wisely. Help me to invest Your word in my children so that when You call me home their foundation will not be shaken. .

3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

What a great tribute to your mom, Arlene. She was loved by all the Scarf Sisters .. and many of us never met her in person. She was and still is such an inspiration to how a life serving God should be lived. Thanks for sharing the family photos.

Pat said...

Am, this is such a beautiful way to honor your Mom's memory. Your such an awesome Mom- I can just hear Arlene laughing as she would talk about her grandchildren. Her smile and goodness will forever be a sweet memory for me.

Diane said...

Dearest Amber, I am Diane Chandler and am a member of the Scarf Sisterhood. I came after your Mom went to be with Jesus and never got to know her, which is my great loss. From everything I have heard of Arlene, she was a wonderfully loving woman of God who lived her faith daily with passion and courage. Though I never met her here, I await the opportunity to meet her in heaven. Thank you for sharing such precious and peaceful memories of your Mom. May the Lord wrap you in His arms and hold you near as you await your heavenly reunion with your Mom. Many hugs............