Saturday, February 11, 2012

Highlight of the Day!!!

Tonight I am going to post highlights from the past week. It has been a great week with a lot of unexpected twists and turns that led to some great highlights, here are just a few...............

A day out to celebrate my (belated) birthday with my cousin, Aid. We realized we hadn't went out alone in at least eight years! I still wish my other cousin, Danielle would have been able to come, that would have been so much fun!

Mom Time - I got to get together with an awesome group of Mom's from our church. I took Bella and Hudsyn with me, they really appreciated some time out separately from their siblings.

We recieved our much anticipated order of curriculum!!! I've know I mentioned this before but we love Sonlight!!! I picked another curriculum in the summer and it has worked well for specific things, like reading. We will continue using the reading aspect of it. However, I felt like we were missing the deep, meaningful discussions that had transpired from the stories we had read with Sonlight. I had wondered how I would get through so much reading with Sonlight but I think I've worked out a plan. I will try to post that this week.




Our box filled with new and exciting books!






Tristin was so excited to get some new books about the Revolutionary War!

 
I really thought our new curriculum would be our highlight this week, but God had a bigger plan! We were able to go on a marriage retreat that we weren't expecting to go on. It was a huge blessing! We had tons of fun and didn't even have to wait until six sets of little eyes were shut before ours were! We have not had a night alone since we had kids. My step-mom and her family were so sweet to keep our kids overnight so we could have a night away! Our night away was every bit as wonderful as I had always imagined it would be! I knew they were in good hands so I didn't worry about them at all. I did miss them something awful though.. An hour or so before the retreat ended I noticed I was starting to get anxious to get back to my sweet kiddo's. Actually spending the evening with them tonight ranks pretty high on my highlight list as well!

It has been a great week. I was very different from our usual routine but different is good...sometimes. I am looking forward to spending this week snuggling with my kids and diving into our new books!

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy Box Day! And may you continue to find joy in the opportunities to be with your children or off with your husband [smile].

~Luke

Amber said...

Thank you Luke! I think box day may be nearly as anticipated as any major holiday around here!:)