Saturday, February 4, 2012

Highlight(s) of the Day

In January of 2011 we gutted our kitchen and dining room and flip flopped them. It was a crazy amount of work since my husband and a friend did it all by themselves. It looks great but there are some finishing touches that never actually got "touched". I think we were so relieved to have it functional again that we kind of took a (long) break from working on it. Chad built a L shape bench in the dining room we pushed our old table (that is three feet shorter than the bench) up against it and haven't touched it since then. It was decided that today would be the day that it would be painted. So after much, much sanding (think six kids eating, coloring crawling all over an unfinished piece of wood......for an entire year) it was ready to be painted. Since it was such a small area it didn't take long but it made it look so fresh and clean! Yay! Next on the list: have a table built to fit the bench!


After sanding:


After painting:
 (I'm not sure how I ignored the table length compared to the bench length this long).



While I was vacuuming I asked Hudsyn to get in bed and told her I would tuck her in as soon as I was done. She started to cry so I told her she could snuggle with Daddy until I was done and then I'd tuck her in. While I was vacuuming I glanced over at her and noticed she had fallen asleep on her Daddy's lap. She is at such a precious age. Not quite a baby anymore but not quite a big girl. We are so blessed!


No comments: