Sunday, January 29, 2012

Highlight of the Day!

Every night at dinner we sit down to eat, pray over our meal and then everyone starts shouting about sharing their "highlight of the day". We pick a kiddo...they start off, then we go around the table. When we ask the babies, they reply with something that doesn't fit the conversation at all, which makes everyone laugh. When the kids are done Chad and I share ours. It's a great way to find out what was important or special to everyone. It often is something small, like snuggling on the couch with Momma or helping with dinner. I see it as a tool. It is how I know what is most important to them. I strive to make time for the things that they consider important after they have shared their hearts with us. It's a small thing but in a large family I believe that you have to pursue your children or some of them (especially the easy going ones) could easily get overlooked. My plan is to make a "Highlight(s) of the Day" binder and fill it out every night at dinner. So far, it's just a plan. I would like to have it all set to start by February. Each Saturday I will be sharing some of my favorites from the week of mine, Chad's and the kids. Since I haven't officially started I am just going to share mine from today!


A love letter from Bella:





Watching Chad and the babies playing their "dancin's"






New nerf gun fun! Seeing the fruit of my sons labor.
Tristin worked awfully hard to earn the money for his!


Hudsyn thought it was especially funny to shoot hers at the ceiling and jump off the back of the couch to retrieve it!!!


No comments: