Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hudsy Girl!

Hudsyn; my dear, precious, sweet and loving girl: YOU ARE CRAZY!!! I have heard of terrible two's but those stories don't even scratch the surface of the tings you think up. I need to clone myself at least twice just to keep up with you. In the past year you have created quite a name for yourself, everyone that knows you has come to expect great shenanigans from you. Sometimes they are funny, more often scary. As a matter of fact, just this very second I asked your brother to locate you and he found you on the counter, clipping your teeth with toe nail clippers. I can't quite wrap my mind around what goes on in yours.
Most recently you have painted your entire body (meaning to paint your toe nails), I thought you were sleeping. You inadvertently painted your carpet as well, it now needs to be replaced. Then another time you painted my carpet. I am not at all sure of the details of that.
A couple of weeks ago you climbed up onto the counter and got into the medicine cabinet in the kitchen, you proceeded to take a men's multivitamin, a children's tums and a metformin. That is how I came to know that you could open the kitchen gates (which, by the way most adults can not open). We just got back from vacation a few days ago, you guys were watching a movie in the camper and we were in the barn. Aunt Cora popped her head in and let us know you were (again) eating medicine. Uncle Brandon was already checking on you and you told him you ate one, as you spit them out in his hand he counted six.
A couple of nights before left for vacation Kait was sweeping the kitchen floor so she put the bench by the counter. I went to get Bell some jammies out and you came to me with you hands behind your back. When you pulled them out to show them to me they were blood red, I was panicked, until you said "I probably, um, I probably painted myself". I ran in the kitchen to see what happened and you poured out liquid food coloring on the counter. It got onto the floor, the walls and the fridge as well. It took me over two hours to clean.
When you were a little baby you would scream every time we were in the car, not cry scream but super loud, super high scream. Nothing was wrong, you just wanted to hear the power of your voice. I pray my sweet Hudsyn that you never forget that power, each time you pray you say God is whispering a secret in your ear, you say that he has a present for you. I think that present is gift. A spiritual gift that God has gave you at the time of conception. Your name means charismatic adventurer. That has proven to be so true already. Your personality is different than any child I have ever met. It is a bit overwhelming as a parent but I know that plays into the gifting that will be used for God's glory.
You are charismatic and an adventurer and I couldn't imagine you any other way! I love you!!!

No comments: